Tour: Gdc Samba
Govt. Degree College, Samba affiliated to University of Jammu was established in the year 2005, by the Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir. This college is a co-educational institution set amidst spectacular ambience with Nandini Hills on one side and Basantar on the other. The college caters to about 2300 students pursuing different academic courses in medical, non-medical, commerce and arts streams..Learn More
Our Mission, Work like a catalyst of change, remove deficiencies, enhance quality and bring about synergy in academics, administration, infrastructure and support system. Empower our students and enable them to rise above all constraints. Introduce innovative courses which will not only strengthen educational inputs for the betterment of the society but also prepare the students to face the challenges of life effectively. Increase career development support for students, faculty and staff through career exploration. Constantly upgrade the infrastructure of the college
Our Vision, at GDC Samba is to impart the quality education to the students and prepare them for future perspectives. We will instill high patterns of discipline and academic excellence in our students. Our priority is to make our students socially desirable and ethically strong who will contribute a lot in improving quality of life of human race. We will make our students well aware of the present challenges and future adjustments.READ MORE
A student who has passed the Higher Secondary Part-II Examination(Class 12th) of the J&K Board of School Education or an equivalent examination recognized as its equivalent by the UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU is eligible for admission to B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. Part-I.
2. A student, whose result is declared late by the J&K Board, may be admitted as per admission rules of the UNIVERSITY , subject to the availability of seats.
3. A student, who is admitted to the college and completes the minimum required attendance but either fails or does not appear in the ensuring University examination, will not be considered for admission in the same class again.
4. A student with a break in academic career will not be considered for admission in the college. However, the principal may condone one year's break in case of a student. where he/ she feels convinced about the reasons leading to the break in studies.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the cell that is formulated for monitoring the quality parameter in GDC Samba. The Committee was formulated based on the recommendations given by National Assessment Accrediation Committee.
TASK OF THE COMMITTEE:
1. Develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institution.
2. Significant and Meaningful contribution in the acrediation phase of institutions.
3. Channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic axcellence.
4. Quality Circle Meetings.
5. Classrooms and Laboratory Cleanliness.
The Code of Professional Practice is important for all teachers including principal employed by the Department of Higher Education. As public service employees, teachers hold a special position of trust. In their respective roles, teachers exercise powers that have a significant impact on the lives of children and young people and consequently there is a community expectation that these powers will be properly and prudently usedDownload Code of Professional Practice
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was approved by the MHRD and outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country. The methodology draws from the overall recommendations broad understanding arrived at by a Core Committee set up by MHRD, to identify the broad parameters for ranking various universities and institutions. The parameters broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.Download NIRF Report